One of the biggest problem area’s we have trouble dropping some excess fat is our buns and thighs. Working on sculpting your butt and thighs won’t only give you a great looking bod, it will also help you gain muscle which is going to in turn help you shed pounds.
To sculpt your butt and thighs try these four effective moves:
- Squat with sidekick out in each side: When doing this exercise, you’ll want to stand with your feet shoulder-width apart making you parallel. Use your hips and bend your knees to lower yourself, keeping your hands out in front of you for balance.
When you come back up, make sure your legs are straight and lift your right leg out to the side, squeezing your outer buttocks muscles, then lower foot back down to original position, to repeat squat. Change kick out to the left side. Repeat this pattern for one minute.
Doing this exercise is a promising way to get your buns and thighs looking great.
- Pivoting curtsey lunge: This is a great way to get your butt in top pristine shape. To do this workout you will need to:
- Stand hip-width apart
- Step back behind you with one foot, into a 7 o’clock position. Go to a lunge stance by bending both knees.
- Lean yourself forward and pulse up and down ten to fifteen times.
- Straighten your body and pivot; Repeat with opposite foot.
Doing this one each side completes one complete rep. Do 3 reps of this move.
- Chair Twists: This move will work your buns and legs; And there are no props needed, even with the name of this exercise.
To do this exercise you will stand with your feet together straight up and down. Bend your knees and push your hips out as if you are going to sit in a chair. While doing this, make sure the knees stay behind the toes.
Lower your thighs until they are almost equivalent with the floor and elevate the arms forward and up. Then, rotate the torso to the right side and bring your left elbow on the outside of your right knee. Hold for three breaths and go back to the initial standing position with your feet together.
Repeat with opposite side. This will be one rep. Do three reps of this exercise.
- V-Position: If you have done ballet before this move might be a bit easier for you, since it is similar to the ballet plie. This move is going to help tone those glutes, thighs, and even your hips.
To do this move you will need to have a chair or something similar in height to hang on to.
To do the V-position you will stand holding the back of your prop with one hand. Place your feet into a V position making your heels press together and your toes spread apart by about four inches.
Lower your body to bend your knees and lift your heels off the floor a few inches. Then lower your hips until you feel your quads intensely working. Pulse up and down ten to fifteen times and then go back to a standing position.
Do these sets three times.
Doing these four calorie-busting moves is a sure way to get your buns and thighs in shape. When doing these exercises, it’s important to give yourself a little bit of rest in between each session, so be sure to limit this workout to 2-3 days per week, switching to your upper body and cardio in between. Happy toning ladies.